December 28, 2011

Snip, Snip

It's only fair to post my Parent of the Year moments after sharing Tony's in Broken Plastic = Broken Dreams.  After the hectic yet fun weekend of family, friends and house guests, Jill decided to get up at 3:30 Monday.  Too much excitement?  I think so.  She would not go back to her bed.  We were too exhausted to make her.  I caught myself pushing Jilly's hair out of her eyes.  Constantly.  The holiday and time off lasted through the day while Jill kept pulling elastics, barrettes and headbands off her head, sometimes violently.  Fast forward a few alcoholic beverages later, and suddenly Mom had garnered the confidence to cut Jilly's hair.  Just a few snips across the front.  Not exactly the first haircut story I had in mind.  Maybe we will count the "first" with an all-over snip, snip at the salon!


No comments:

Post a Comment