January 24, 2010

Bed Wetter


POP PARENTAL QUIZ: Your baby finishes eating in bed at 3am. He/she refuses to burp. You (the parent) feels a wet sleeper and (surprise!) a wet comforter underneath. Do you continue the burping trial or clean up your baby first? Friday night I chose B and chose wrong! Jill spit up a good amount of breast milk while I was trying to change her. From the earlier posts you know that breast milk is like liquid gold to us. Next time I will sit in the pee.

Sunday morning the three of us woke up at my Mom's house. After the most explosive diaper yet and a subsequent shower with Dad, I brought Jill into my Mom's room to hang in bed with her while we went grocery shopping. My Mom cracked the shades and Jill fenced, also called the tonic neck reflex, with both arms (example above right) and squirmed around like a mad woman! My Mom lifted her to go downstairs and she had - yes, again - peed through her sleeper and onto my Mom's sheets. At least we know she is well hydrated!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love pee and poop now more than ever!! When my kids start pee threw a lot I would try the next size up diapers:) Sometimes it works, then again Lillian wakes up almost every morning having wet threw:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So come to find out, we needed to go a size down! She weighs enough for the 8-14lb diapers but she has no bum. So we dropped back down to the newborn size and no accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the other two commenters agree-- I was going to suggest a new size diaper... ;)

    ReplyDelete