February 26, 2013

The Color Purple

Jill's been living in a boy's room. Blue walls with a random light blue rectangle on the main wall. Well not anymore!
One day last week Tony and Jill stopped at Lowe's to pick out some paint.  Tony presented Jill with a few sample sheets with different shades of purple, to which she replied, "Dad, it's all purple" like he was a complete moron.
 So Tony went with purple gray.
He did the hard work while Jill rolled around on her tarped bed and annoyed Tony and I cleaned the bathrooms.
 And it came out great! Really great!
 Jill loved it!
We slept at my Mom's Saturday night because of the smell.  But Sunday night Jill said something like, "I love my new purple room, Mom. It's sure to keep the monsters away."

I'm pretty sure she was mocking me here but whatever works and gets her back to sleeping through the night!

This weekend also may have marked the end of napping.  I know!  As I was telling this to Tyla (Jill's day care provider and a family friend) this morning, I watched for the reaction of a fellow parent.  His son is younger but you could tell he didn't like the sound of no naps.  And we didn't either at first.  But now that we (she) has cut out that nap, she's sleeping much better at night.  We'll see how this goes ....
Here's a picture of us "resting" Saturday afternoon. It's taken after Jill's first real incident/injury in the early afternoon. She was running and tripped over a pile of dirty laundry and literally flew through the air.  Her forehead landed in the middle of the dryer door, which was - of course - open.  I expected to see blood shooting out of her head, but it immediately turned into a bruise and egg. It was awful.
Here's Jill and Cole playing with Play-Doh on Sunday. They're such good buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment