September 29, 2011

Early Riser

The work day is coming to a close.  The hustle, bustle and craziness of the last 8 hours is calming down and I’m ready to go out for drinks at Remy’s in the Seaport with Kristen, Jocelyn, Ali and Heidi.  I’m reallllly looking forward to the girl time.  It’s different than hanging out with Jill.  My girlfriends form full sentences and they don’t poop their pants. 
Besides, Jill and I were able to hang for an extra two hours this morning since she decided to get up at 4 – yes 4 – a.m.  She cried then yelled then squirmed under our covers post-transfer.  She tooted.  Wait, she didn’t smirk or laugh like she usually does.  Must be a bellyache.  I held her in bed.  We cuddled on the couch.  We watched the early early morning news and ate breakfast at 4:30.  No wonder Jill was falling asleep at 6:45 and I was starving at 10.  Early mornings … they can be brutal, somewhat tolerable or even fun.  This morning I enjoyed the extra time with Jill.  Flipped on the coffee maker and kept the lights low in the living room.  The rain fell and we were in no rush to start our day.  It was kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment