March 15, 2011

Monday Night Martinis


Monday night blues?  Nope, not here.  We drink martinis, Guinness and vodka on Monday nights.  We don't mess around.  I'm exaggerating obviously, as this group of Moms hasn't seen many baby-free nights, nevermind together.  We started at the Bell in Hand then met Al at Houston's for some fun drinks and sushi.  We had a really good time catching up - the wine didn't hurt either!  Al was nice enough to give me a ride to the T station where my car was parked. 



What did I find upon my return home at 8 p.m.?  Jill asleep on the couch with Tony.  She boycotted napping the entire day with my Mom then passed out cold before 6 p.m.  A mess, I thought.  I pictured her bathed, fed, diaper changed and fast asleep.  Not at all.  We woke her at 8 to swap out a fresh diaper, suck back a bottle and pass out again.  Right?  Wrong.  She drank her bottle then went wild like it was 7 a.m. and she was ready to play all morning.  Ummmm it's 9 p.m., I thought, and I was planning on plopping in the tub, possibly with another glass of wine.  I was planning on playing with pictures and blogging.  I was planning on continuing my selfish non-Momness for the evening. 

Then again, I was sad of the thought of not seeing Jill at all that day.  Time change troubles?  Nah, not until the fall.  Ha!  Wrong again.  Jill didn't fall asleep until almost 10 p.m.  Are we continuing the party and I missed the memo?  We had to wake her Tuesday morning (typically she's up and ready to go by 6) but her schedule regulated itself at day care where she ran herself ragged, napped for two hours and went to bed more or less on time Tuesday night.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment