December 23, 2010

Don’t Run Through Slippery Parking Lots Wearing FUGGS While Carrying Three Rolls of Wrapping Paper and Gifts

You will fall. Southeastern New England was slammed with a snowstorm Monday. Highways were crawling. Accidents clogged the roadways. And I thought it would be a good time to stop at CVS. In my defense, I reallllly needed stamps, wrapping paper and tape. They were out of stamps and I left without tape. But anyways, the wind was whipping snow into my face and my legs were freezing under my tights. So I ran through the parking lot, leaped off the curb but missed my landing. One lady almost ran me over but stopped (probably to laugh) and another concerned citizen jumped out of her car to make sure I wasn’t hurt. Just my dignity, thanks.

A Jill update from last week: New obsessions include flushing the toilet and grabbing Qtips out of the bathroom cabinet drawer, walking them over to the tub and throwing them in. I laugh and leave them there for Tony to find in the morning. Jill has also shifted her bedtime from 7:30 to 8 p.m. If we try to put her to bed before she is ready all hell breaks loose. And so bedtime is now a half hour later. A welcomed result? Sleeping through the night for the last 4 nights. I hope I don’t jinx it!

No comments:

Post a Comment