September 20, 2010

Milestone Monday




(some additional pics from Chatham, also a Halloween sneak peak!)

Mondays have been reserved for positive comments, things I'm grateful for. The day started off as a sleepy one. The last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed and go to work! The day was a hectic one. Heavy workload, not enough hours in the day. Blogging crossed my mind at one point this morning and I wondered what positive thoughts I could take away from today. For starters, my period has made its return. The first one back and it is kicking my butt. Serious pain ... Added to the desire to stay in bed this morning tenfold.

Tony and I both worked late today. We fought the traffic to get home, walked our friends' dog and made our way to my Mom and Jill. While we were all standing in the kitchen and Jill was holding onto Tony's hands and facing me, she let go of Tony's fingers and she took a step by herself toward me. Yes, Jill's first step! It was amazing! It was only one step but the first of many - millions as my mother-in-law pointed out - to come. We were so proud of her!

Jill has turned into a very active reader in the last two days. She is turning pages like she is saying, "faster, faster!" It's really quite the sight!




No comments:

Post a Comment