June 10, 2010

A Day to Catch Up


A day to myself? I'll take it. I haven't had one in more than 6 months, probably closer to 8 or 9 months. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and stomach pains that prompted me to lay down halfway through getting Jill dressed for "school." I have a bunch of sick time that I never end up using so I should stay home, right? So I helped Tony and Jill get out of the door and I went back to bed, for 2.5 hours! That was the #1 best thing that I did for myself today. The other fantastic things that I had time to do today included:


* sorting through a ridiculous pile of mail and separating the straight recycles from the shredables

* putting away Jill's growing wardrobe

* flossing and taking my time doing it

* polishing my wedding rings

* updating my blog with the help of Sara's site (see Family of Five under Our Buddies)

* taking a hot bath and shaving my legs without rushing

* vegging on the couch with a cup of tea (love tea with a sore throat)

Feeling guilty for sending Jill to day care? A little bit, I'll admit. But that extra sleep did a world of wonder for me. I feel like a different person! Today showed me the importance of taking care of myself and how it helps you take better care of others. Of course you've heard that plenty of times but it really is true. Take a load off!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the blog update! Don't you just smile at it:) Once again, love, love, love IT!
    Way to go momma and getting so much done for yourself!

    ReplyDelete