September 24, 2014

Write That Down

How many times have you thought I need to write that down after your toddler says something brutally honest, hysterical or clever?  Here are some recent comments worth capturing:

A few weeks ago, Jill said she was about to tell me I was “getting fat,” when then she remembered I was a “pregnant person.”

One day last week before school, Jill and I were looking for her missing sneaker.  Jill dug it out from underneath a pile of shoes and declared, “Here it is, Mom!  It was just camouflaged!” Her expanding vocabulary…

Last Thursday night after Jill and I visited the hair salon Tony was telling Jill that her new shorter cut made her look older, and he couldn’t believe she was almost five.  Jill responded, “Yeah Dad, it happens every year!” Like duh, isn’t that obvious?

One morning on the Cape while my Mom was still sleeping in our tight quarters beach rental, and Jill was wide awake, she asked to watch an episode of Jake and the Never Land Pirates.  “Can we watch Jake and the Never Land Pirates and turn the energy down?”

No comments:

Post a Comment