February 6, 2013

Memories from Mom

At first I didn’t understand where my Mom’s texts about the Blizzard of 1978 were coming from. Then I realized: It’s the 30th anniversary of the storm that dumped 27+ inches of snow on Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. The Blizzard of 78 lasted two days from February 5-7. It killed approximately 100 people, injured around 4,500 and caused more than $520 million ($1.85 billion today) in damage (thank you, Wikipedia).

Last night’s texts from my Mom
Joe And I were home all week
The highway was closed
We went to the store and to get beer with Joe’ s ice fishing carry all – a wooden
Milk cart on half skis
Party party
Just thought I would tell you again
I am sure I have told u this before !

It was one of the only times I helped shovel !
Have pics somewhere
Surreal

I think we’re going to have to dig up those photos this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment