June 17, 2012

To Some Amazing Men on Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the proud Dads out there.
Dads in their "Dad" jeans posing at the front door on their way home from the hospital (my Dad with Scott)
 Dads who love to take their kids swimming
 and ice fishing.
 Dads are always good for an awkward family photo
and bad birthday singing,
and Umbro soccer shorts and t-shirts
 and walks down the aisle.
Grampy Furze plus a little champagne with his sister (literally Sister) Marjorie. Gramp used to say that people who swore - he specifically used the F word as an example - had a poor vocabulary.  He loved to birdwatch and his lap was always ready for my chubby bum to sit and listen to "The Night Before Christmas" many, many Christmas Eves.
 
Grampy Canning - expert skiier, WWII vet (as was Gramp Furze) and wearer of the craziest plaid "slacks" you've ever seen.  Always a gentleman to my Gram, even when sick he'd still manage to pull out her chair at the dining room table.

Chuck: my father-in-law and Jill's Popa
Jill completely adores Chuck!
Father's Day 2012
my brother and his son, Guy
Scott has changed so much since his wife, Jess, gave birth to Guy last May. He's really an amazing Dad.
And then there's Tony, my husband and the best Dad I could ever imagine for Jill.  Here's a picture of the two of them from today, just chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment