May 1, 2011

The Stork is Circling

His arrival is imminent.  My brother and his wife, Jess, are very close to welcoming their first child, a boy, named after both their Dads.  Just as we arrived at their house yesterday, Jess's water broke.  OK, it was more of a trickle but details like that only interest fellow Moms.  I'll leave those out for the sake of male readers.  The expectant couple left for the hospital before dessert was served.  It was the most exciting cookout I've ever attended!  Guy Joseph Canning will be here shortly!!  (Posted at 8:15 p.m., May 1)

Update: The stork has landed!  Guy was born around midnight.  He and Jess are both doing well.  My Mom was too excited to understand on the voice mail but I think she said he had a lot of dark hair, just like my brother when he was born.  Pictures to come later today!  To add to that excitement, US military forces killed Osama bin Laden last night.  Wow!  What a way to start the week.  (Posted at 6:30 a.m., May 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment