June 6, 2010

Happy Half-Birthday to Jill

Six months ago today I sat on a blue tarp in my living room watching the Patriots (lose). I did most of the labor at home, yelled my way to the hospital and had a baby in a span of less than 12 hours from start to finish. It was a wild and crazy day to say the least, but it was a memorable day. It was the day that Jill came into our lives.

Much has changed in the last 6 months. Jill has grown a ton and has developed a bit of a diva personality. She is a becoming more of a social butterfly every day. She is a happy baby, a "joy to have" in class at day care, according to her progress report. No, I'm not lying. She came home this week with her first progress report. Reminds me of the days of elementary school and the notes home about how I couldn't seem to keep to myself. I'm getting the feeling Jill will be very similar. A chatterbox for sure. She started making new noises this week. She yells. She squeals. She screeches. I could do without the yelling but the other noises are hysterical. She looks surprised every time she makes them too. She puts on a show!

We were out and about this weekend, as usual. Jill got to play with her Auntie Jess on Saturday for a chunk of the day. Sunday we went to Hannaford's, Babies R Us, Sports Authority and Home Depot (not all in one trip). She loves facing outward in her carrier. Totally forgets about Mom and wants to socialize with everyone else.

Today in the Hannaford's parking lot, an older woman was parked near us with a clear view of the truck. She must've been watching us as we talked and got Jill ready for the carrier. She stopped as she walked past the truck to tell us we were the cutest couple she'd ever seen. How nice, I thought. I guess we are very sweet to each other. We're gentle and thoughtful. It was nice to hear a stranger's observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment